'06 Sonata Backup sensors in USA

Looking for some info. Recently purchased an 06 Sonata here in the states, love it but we noticed that this model is not offered with backup sensors as some overseas (Canadian?)models are. Anybody have
any leads about manufacturer retrofits or "aftermarket" offerings or suggestions on this? Asked the dealer about this and they do not have a "handle" on it yet. Any astute observers/ownders have any input on this? Great forum and thanks for any info.... Rich
I too was a little disappointed this feature didn't make it into the US Sonatas. There was a segment on Motorweek about how easily aftermarket versions of backup sensors can now be added. One of the bonuses it that they can shoot the beam through your bumper and do not require the fairly ugly bumps or portals. It makes me think they are placed on some bumpers simply to "show off" that the car has the feature. One site that appears to have lots of information is: http://www.reversebackingsystems.com /
GeoUSA, moderator http://www.HyundaiExchange.com
I got my parking sensor from http://www.reversebackingsystems.com and I really like it. The one I got is the license plate model which does not have any sensors in the bumper - the sensors are installed on the license plate frame.
It was:
http://www.reversebackingsystems.com/DT104-LP.html
When I bought mine, I filled out a survey and got $10 off the purchase - i think the link is on the home page.
sam
GeoUSA wrote:

I thought the info provided was pretty helpful but I have a question on the plate mounted sensors. My assumption is that (in theory) the plate mounted sensors would be a tad less accurate that those in the bumper due to area covered by the sensors (plate width versus bumper width) and that for the most part the plates are recessed somewhat from the bumper ( either above or below) . I would like to get the plate mount, but do you find coverage to be adequate (for example the extreme corners of the bumper) Thanks in advance for your feedback Rich