'06 Sonata brake lights

Over the last week or so I've noticed 6 different Sonata's driving around (could be '07 too) that all had the drivers side brake light burned out.
Today, a guy at work was behind my vehicle and told me mine was burned out too. No problem changing the bulb, but I am wondering if this is some kind of design flaw or sommon problem?
Eric

I've got an 06 and had to have it replaced in less than a year. I thought it was unusual to have the bulb go out so soon but didn't really think about it being a common problem until your post.
I have yet to have mine go out, but I am considering replacing the lamp assemblies with the LED version. Turn signal and reverse lamps are still used....
Steve, AZ

Most likely, they're just poorly made bulbs.

Possibly, but why would they only burn out on one side? Probably coincidence, just seemed unusual to me.
Eric
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:38:22 GMT, "Eric G."

Same assembler installing the right side bulb with dirty hands? :D -
Bob
We own a 2006 Sonata bought in December 2005 and the lights are still working fine.
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:35:06 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yea, mine too. Bought Feb 2005.
Maybe he is jamming on the brakes too hard. :) -
Bob

I'm pretty sure you mean Feb. 2006, since mine was one of the first off the assembly line and purchased in September of 2005. I never jam on the brakes for fear of glowing the rotors :-P
Eric
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 00:24:30 GMT, "Eric G."

Yes yes, it was Feb 2006. Born on date was Jan 29, 2006.

I never jam on the brakes because I fear I will stress those weak brake light filaments. :) -
Bob