'06 Sonata brake lights

Over the last week or so I've noticed 6 different Sonata's driving around (could be '07 too) that all had the drivers side brake light burned out. Today, a guy at work was behind my vehicle and told me mine was burned out too. No problem changing the bulb, but I am wondering if this is some kind of design flaw or sommon problem?

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

I've got an 06 and had to have it replaced in less than a year. I thought it was unusual to have the bulb go out so soon but didn't really think about it being a common problem until your post.

Reply to
Marc

I have yet to have mine go out, but I am considering replacing the lamp assemblies with the LED version. Turn signal and reverse lamps are still used....

Steve, AZ

Reply to
Steve R.

Most likely, they're just poorly made bulbs.

Reply to
hyundaitech

"hyundaitech" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Possibly, but why would they only burn out on one side? Probably coincidence, just seemed unusual to me.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

Same assembler installing the right side bulb with dirty hands? :D -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

We own a 2006 Sonata bought in December 2005 and the lights are still working fine.

Reply to
skarkada

Yea, mine too. Bought Feb 2005.

Maybe he is jamming on the brakes too hard. :) -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Bob Adkins wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm pretty sure you mean Feb. 2006, since mine was one of the first off the assembly line and purchased in September of 2005. I never jam on the brakes for fear of glowing the rotors :-P

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

Yes yes, it was Feb 2006. Born on date was Jan 29, 2006.

I never jam on the brakes because I fear I will stress those weak brake light filaments. :) -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins