06 Sonata cruise control undocumented feature

I was wondering if anyone else had discovered this. In my owner's manual, I see no reference to a "tap" feature for the cruise control.
It talks about holding down the accel or decel buttons to change the target speed, but I don't see anything about tapping the buttons for small changes. My Chevy truck will change up and down by 1 MPH for each tap on the accel or decel buttons. My Chrysler minivans will increase by 2 MPH for each tap on the accel, but they don't seem to have the feature on the decel side.
I tried this out of curiousity the other day and it appears to work on the Sonata as well, both up and down. I can't say for sure the amount of speed change, but it appears closer to 2 MPH than 1, but I haven't experienced carefully enough to be sure.
Anyone else find this? Is this, in fact documented somewhere in the owner's manual that I simply missed?
I was glad to see this as I've always liked this feature on my other vehicles.
Matt

I can't say that I was looking for it as a "feature" but I have noticed the same thing. I would agree that it is between 1 and 2 MPH on each tap. I like it too.
Eric
I also was surprised that the feature wasn't mentioned in the manual. You're right. It's about 1+mph both ways. I bet it's 2 kilometers per hour.
Tom

Tom wrote:

I hadn't thought about it being metric. Mine does seem greater than 1 and less than 2 mph and 2 kph would be about 1.2 mph which is very plausible.
I was also surprised it worked given it wasn't documented, but it was a pleasant surprise in any event!
Matt
Matt Whiting wrote:

That's normal for every cruise control system I've used. My Elantra does it, too.
Brian Nystrom wrote:

Yes, I agree, but my other vehicles have the feature documented in the owners manual. However, my minivan seems to work only on the accel side, not the decel side. Go figure...
Matt
One of Hyundai's design and manufacturing strategies is to use items which have been designed primarily for use in other cars. By doing this, they often save initial design costs. The downsides are that they need to invest some effort in adaptation to their product and that they will likely never be an industry leader in technology.
In all likelihood, Hyundai probably failed to realize the feature was present.