06 Sonata intermittent wiper delay

Page 2 of 2
hyundaitech wrote:

I just checked my wiper delay with the car sitting still in my driveway.
The shortest period is 1.0 to maybe 1.2 seconds. Appears to be well below the spec.
The longers period is 17 seconds plus or minus a little, so that's probably pretty close to spec.
Is there any adjustment to this? I'm assuming the delay is set by a varistor (or set of resistors) in the switch itself and thus non adjustable.
Matt
Your body control module reads the resistance of the wiper switch and then sets the delay accordingly.
What's worse, the shortest delay being out of spec isn't necessarily a problem, either. Those sorts of things get changed all the time during the manufacturing run (for who knows what reasons) without anyone telling the people who work on the cars.