06 Sonata LX doors won't manually lock

On occasion, I find my 06 Sonata LX unable to lock the doors manually (by using the rocker switch on the driver's door). I have tried doing this while the car is driving (high and low speeds), parked, and not running. It doesn't always do this, it is rather intermittent. I am afraid if I bring it to the dealer, I will get no where because they can't troubleshoot it or duplicate this. Any help?

Reply to
mbleisch

Sure - call the dealer, and explain the intermittent nature of it. Ask them what they'll do. The car should still be under warranty and the dealer has not vested interest in not providing the serviced. It's always better to call and check first, rather than fear what the dealer may or may not do (called... speculation), than to ask a usenet newsgroup what to do. You may just be pleasantly surprised. Either way, you'll know before you go getting too worked up over it.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I wouldn't say that. The tech's may have already ran across that problem a few times, and could fix it badabing.

Also, there may be some readings they can take on the computer to see if anything is amiss on that end.

Be nice to them, and be patient, and I bet they'll fix it with little resistance. -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

mine never did on 06 Sonata LX...they do on my 03 Elantra.

Reply to
Deck

Mine never did. they will lock using the "lock" button. They lock on mt 03 Elantra though, by using the rocker switch

Reply to
Deck