'06 Sonata tire replacement

Well, my original Michelins were not dead yet, but they turned a bit greasy in the rain, and were even squealing a bit in the dry weather. So I bit the bullet and bought what Tire Rack rates as the #1 tire for "High Performance All Season". Yes, it's another Michelin, but the ratings say it all as compared to the OEM's.

I purchased 4 Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S tires. Mounted and balanced for just under $600. It's probably the most I even paid for street tires, but I purchased a few sets of racing tires back when I ran SCCA that were much more expensive.

Anyway, only about 200-300 miles on them so far. The first thing I noticed was that they are MUCH more quiet than the OEM's. I mean MUCH more. They also absorb some roads imperfections better. The wet handling is a little better, but with mist falling since I got the tires, I can't say anything about hydroplaning or dry handling yet.

Looks like I'll be able to try them in the snow and ice tomorrow, so I'll report back if anyone is interested.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.