06 Sonata tire warranty?

My 3-month-old 06 Sonata with barely 3500 miles just had a flat. There's a roofing nail in the flat area between the treads. So it may or may not be fixable.

Is this covered by the Michelin warranty or maybe even Hyundai's warranty, and if so, does it have to go back to the dealer to get covered?

Normally I take flats to the tire shop down the road. If they fix it, what does that do to warranty coverage (if any)?

BTW, I am impressed with the spare and the jacking system. Worked quite well once I figured out the jack crank handle.

Thanks!

Reply to
PMDR

Normally, it is not covered since it is a road hazard. Given what Hyundai has been doing the first year, ask the dealer anyway.

Did you have it changed under the Roadside Assistance coverage?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Changed it myself. I was on my lunch break, no time to wait for a truck to roll.

AAA takes forever around here. Not sure I want to know how long it takes Hyundai to send someone. Hope I never need it.

Reply to
PMDR

You won't get any assistance on road hazards. The tires are warranted only by the manufacturer of the tire, not Hyundai. Tire manufacturers hate honoring their warranties when they're required to. So there's no way they'll cover a road hazard.

Reply to
hyundaitech

"PMDR" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@c28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

My Local Hyundai Dealer, where I bought the '06 Sonata 5 months ago do covers the road hazards on the original tires. The told me when I signed the contract, and it is specified on it. Ask your dealer, maybe there is something to do. But usually, original tires are not covered , nor by the dealer or the tire manufacturer. It is a "special feature" offered by my dealer.

Shaman

Reply to
Shaman

Reply to
Dr.Colon.Oscopy

Well - if you have the warranty from the dealer, why not read what it says rather than ask a bunch of folks on usenet what they've experienced - especially since 99% of them did not buy from the same dealer you did.

My own experience, or near experience is that my daughter got a tires for life deal on a Chevy she bought. Pretty straight forward - bring it in for free rotations on regular intervals and the dealer backs any tire problems for free as long as you bring it to them, and they replace tires up to two free sets, for the life of the vehicle. They won't reimburse her for work done at any other facility related to tires. Her program works like a top.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I got the "free tires for life" talk from my dealer, but that only applied if I got ALL my maintenance and repairs done at their shop. One DIY oil change would break the deal.

Have not really d> The skimmie they told me when I bought our 06 Sonata was that we got

Reply to
PMDR

Reply to
PMDR

My dealer is $15 more per oil change than the local shop. That would pay for at least one tire in 40,000 miles. Toss in a brake job and you are probably even at best.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski