06 Sonata Washer

My first problem with my 06 LX Sonata. My windshield washer stopped working, I checked the fuse, it was ok. Where is the pump at? I can not find it anywhere. I traced the water lines into the hood but that's as far as I can find them.

thanks. Rob

Reply to
Rob

I can't speak for the Sonata as I haven't looked for my washer pump yet, but my minivan has the pump on the bottom of the reservoir bottle. You have to crawl under the van to see it as it is between the wheel well and the under bumper air deflector. I'd try to find the bottom of the Sonata reservoir and see if it might be there.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

It's an '06 - it's under warranty. Just take it to the dealer.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

And they'll most likely tell you its a class problem.

Reply to
nevejl1

We just experienced the same problem on our '06 Sonata. The car will be due for an oil change soon so we'll have the dealer check out the windshield washer when we go in for that.

Reply to
pdp11

?????

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
Dr.Colon.Oscopy

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Shaman

Reply to
Shaman

Reply to
Dr.Colon.Oscopy

Reply to
Dr.Colon.Oscopy

Took mine to dealer today. I asked if it was a "common" problem, he said "somewhat" also said most problems are clogged lines. Mine made no pump motor noise so I knew it was not pumping. They replaced pump assembly...$41 under warranty.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

I've seen a couple with bad pumps. No wiring problems yet. If your wipers sweep when you activate the pump, you've already eliminated the switch and some of the wiring, as well as most of the entire power side of the circuit. If the pump doesn't run, that eliminates the clog idea.

The bad news is that every so often, Hyundai gets a batch of bad parts. The good news is that when they figure out they've got an issue, they adress it. And trust me, that is almost always faster than five people coming together on usenet figuring out they've all had the same problem.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
Dr.Colon.Oscopy

I apologize if I came off harshly, good doctor. This is definitely the place that you *should* adress these issues. My intent was simply to point out that by the time the discussions are made here about a common problem, the factory has typically learned about and begun addressing the problem. For example, I'd be very surprised if Hyundai hasn't investigated and found the common problem with the washer pumps.

Your presence and that of the others who've contributed to this and other threads is greatly appreciated, too. Every so often, I learn something from you guys.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I haven't seen any action yet on the senstive throttle issue and that has been mentioned several times here as well as in at least two road tests that I've read in the year since I bought my Sonata. It is the single most annoying thing about my car.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

"hyundaitech" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Here ya go HT: Tighty righty, lefty loosey!! :-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

Reply to
DaToteman

Re: 06 Sonata Washer by "hyundaitech" Nov 6, 2006 at 07:25 PM

I've seen a couple with bad pumps. No wiring problems yet. If your wipers sweep when you activate the pump, you've already eliminated the switch and some of the wiring, as well as most of the entire power side of the circuit. If the pump doesn't run, that eliminates the clog idea.

The bad news is that every so often, Hyundai gets a batch of bad parts. The good news is that when they figure out they've got an issue, they adress it. And trust me, that is almost always faster than five people coming together on usenet figuring out they've all had the same problem.

Too bad this does not apply for all cases or maybe they would have addressed the engine whine instead of making me go to a hearing on the matter. I have to say I am very disappointed in Hyundai in thier attitude on this.

Reply to
wolfcub27540

Eric G. - think you meant to say "Righty Tighty"

See? We can all learn something:)

Reply to
cableguy3

"cableguy3" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Actually, I've heard it that way, but for the most part people around here say it the way I typed it. I don't really know why, because your way makes more sense.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.