06 Sonata Washer

My first problem with my 06 LX Sonata. My windshield washer stopped working, I checked the fuse, it was ok. Where is the pump at? I can not find it
anywhere. I traced the water lines into the hood but that's as far as I can find them.
thanks. Rob
Rob wrote:

I can't speak for the Sonata as I haven't looked for my washer pump yet, but my minivan has the pump on the bottom of the reservoir bottle. You have to crawl under the van to see it as it is between the wheel well and the under bumper air deflector. I'd try to find the bottom of the Sonata reservoir and see if it might be there.
Matt

It's an '06 - it's under warranty. Just take it to the dealer.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
said:

And they'll most likely tell you its a class problem.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

?????
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Rob wrote:

We just experienced the same problem on our '06 Sonata. The car will be due for an oil change soon so we'll have the dealer check out the windshield washer when we go in for that.
We had the exact same thing happened. A bit of a downer as it was the first "unexpected" to come along. I checked what connections I could, and since it was due for oil change in a short while decided to wait. Week later or so, just upped and came right back on, and worked fine ever since. Don't ask me and I'm not superstitous, but go figure.............Doc Rob wrote:

Same thing here, washer been off duty one day, reservoir full of windshield washer, next day been fixed by itself... Are we in the twilight zone???!!!???
Shaman
Yep, went a bit longer but reservoir fill etc.. I wondered if anybody else would respond, could this indicate a system issue then. Wonder if a temp blockage was the issue as opposed to pump/connections. Perhaps this is happening more than we know? If not conncetions is the system designed so blockages are more apt to occur? I'll bring it with the dealer next time in. Was the Hyundai plant built on some ancient burial site. Doo doo, Doo, doo doo, "you have now entered the........................."Doc Shaman wrote:

Yep, went a bit longer but reservoir fill etc.. I wondered if anybody else would respond, could this indicate a system issue then. Wonder if a temp blockage was the issue as opposed to pump/connections. Perhaps this is happening more than we know? If not conncetions is the system designed so blockages are more apt to occur? I'll bring it with the dealer next time in. Was the Hyundai plant built on some ancient burial site. Doo doo, Doo, doo doo, "you have now entered the........................."Doc Shaman wrote:

I've seen a couple with bad pumps. No wiring problems yet. If your wipers sweep when you activate the pump, you've already eliminated the switch and some of the wiring, as well as most of the entire power side of the circuit. If the pump doesn't run, that eliminates the clog idea.
The bad news is that every so often, Hyundai gets a batch of bad parts. The good news is that when they figure out they've got an issue, they adress it. And trust me, that is almost always faster than five people coming together on usenet figuring out they've all had the same problem.
Your contributions have always been appreciated as you know, here on this forum. But bare in mind that 5 people on a usenet forum don't perhaps have daily access to Hyundai technology, service bulletins, and more often than not, the time to run down to the dealer on "some" non-critical issues (speed aside). Therefore this forum often becomes a precursor for the next level of action that many (most here) humble Usenet folks use. Hyundai has been good to us (my family) so far and this forum and your contributions go a great distance in helping us make those decisions.......................Doc ibly lyophyundaitech wrote:

I apologize if I came off harshly, good doctor. This is definitely the place that you *should* adress these issues. My intent was simply to point out that by the time the discussions are made here about a common problem, the factory has typically learned about and begun addressing the problem. For example, I'd be very surprised if Hyundai hasn't investigated and found the common problem with the washer pumps.
Your presence and that of the others who've contributed to this and other threads is greatly appreciated, too. Every so often, I learn something from you guys.
hyundaitech wrote:

I haven't seen any action yet on the senstive throttle issue and that has been mentioned several times here as well as in at least two road tests that I've read in the year since I bought my Sonata. It is the single most annoying thing about my car.
Matt
Well from what I understand the VW GTI has a similar / same issue with the fly by wire throttle. One of the guys at work has one and says it is because of no mechanical linkage at all.

Here ya go HT: Tighty righty, lefty loosey!! :-)
Eric
Eric G. - think you meant to say "Righty Tighty"
See? We can all learn something:)

Actually, I've heard it that way, but for the most part people around here say it the way I typed it. I don't really know why, because your way makes more sense.
Eric
Re: 06 Sonata Washer
I've seen a couple with bad pumps. No wiring problems yet. If your wipers sweep when you activate the pump, you've already eliminated the switch and some of the wiring, as well as most of the entire power side of the circuit. If the pump doesn't run, that eliminates the clog idea.
The bad news is that every so often, Hyundai gets a batch of bad parts. The good news is that when they figure out they've got an issue, they adress it. And trust me, that is almost always faster than five people coming together on usenet figuring out they've all had the same problem.
Too bad this does not apply for all cases or maybe they would have addressed the engine whine instead of making me go to a hearing on the matter. I have to say I am very disappointed in Hyundai in thier attitude on this.
Took mine to dealer today. I asked if it was a "common" problem, he said "somewhat" also said most problems are clogged lines. Mine made no pump motor noise so I knew it was not pumping. They replaced pump assembly...$41 under warranty.
Rob