'07 Elantra: What is EPS?

When I start my '07 Elantra, a light for "EPS" flashes on the lower right side of the dash. I can't find anything about it in the Owner's Manual.
Anybody know what EPS is? Thanks.
Electronic power steering.
I'm guessing you haven't attempted checking your fluids yet. If you nose around the engine compartment, you'll see that you have no power steering pump. Your power assist is achieved through an electric motor attached to the steering column.
I think the idea is a no-brainer and don't see why more cars haven't gone to this. Not only are there fewer parts, but most of the issues with reliability (belt, leaks) have been eliminated.
Thanks! I've only had the car since November. I've figured out where the oil, wiper fluid and coolant tanks are, but that's about it.

It also increases fuel mileage, since there's no parasitic power steering pump.
--
dandmauto1
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com