'07 Sonata steering wheel audio controls

I replaced the stock stereo with a Pioneer unit, but it doesn't work with the steering wheel controls. Crutchfield sells a PAC interface, but it's only compatible with an '06 Sonata. Has anyone successfully installed an interface to allow the steering wheel control to work in an '07?

Reply to
mmduf

Given that the 06 and 07 are so nearly identical, I'd give it a try. When they said it was compatible with the 06, chances are the new model was not out yet.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@h40g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Can't answer your question, but I can tell that I HATE the steering wheel's radio controls. how come we can't change frequency with those controls??? That's sounds ridiculous to me...

Shaman

Reply to
Shaman

I would not go so far as to say "hate", but it would be nice to have a "scan" button like my GM car.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" a écrit dans le message de news: Txamh.22321$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net...

Well, hate is a big word... but... I just don't know why Hyundai did'nt add this feature to the steering radio control... why have steering radio controls if you just can't change the frequency? It is practical to have the volume and the "input" control... but there's something important missing!

Shaman

Reply to
Shaman

The 06 and 07 radios are identical unless you have the new one that JUST came out with XM.

The PAC units work well and are fairly easy to install. The beauty about Crutchfield is that if you do have a problem, they'll help or take it back no questions asked.

Reply to
cableguy3

Reply to
mmduf