08 Elantra - Intermittent no electric

Wife's car - once in a while, in the morning, goes to start the car and one click (sounds like a relay) and then there is no electrics. She gets out. opens and slams the trunk, gets in and it starts. Usually all the settings (radio and trip computer) reset.

Any clues? Have the feeling that if we take it in and leave it at the dealer this won't happen.

Reply to
jp103

Sounds like a bad ground or bad battery connection. I'd start with the battery cables, then what they are connected to.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks Ed - I checked the battery cables and the positive was a little loose. Tightened it up and has been good for a week now (knock on wood).

Reply to
jp103