10 Yr warranty

I was just browsing another Sonata forum and discovered that the front wheel bearings are covered under the 10 Yr/100,000 mile warranty. I would never
have guessed it! I went to my warranty booklet to see what else may be covered. To my surprise I discovered that the CV joints and front drive axle are covered also. I"ve owned 3 Sonata that were covered and never knew it. I am sure if I went to the dealer with a bad wheel bearing at 95,000 miles that he would come up with some excuse for not fixing it. Has anyone ever had these items covered under the 10/100,000 warranty?

The warranty is offered by the manufacturer, not the dealer. The dealer is reimbursed by Hyundai for performing warranty repairs (but a much lower labor rate than they charge for non-warranty repairs).
If you have any question or concerns about exactly what is covered, I would contact the regional Hyundai office for your location as specified in your Owners Manual.
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:04:57 -0400, Partner cast forth these pearls of wisdom...:

And why are you sure that your dealer would come up with some excuse not to cover it?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEwindstream.net
Partner wrote:

Why are you surprised that parts of the power train are covered by the power train warranty?

I've replaced several under the powertrain warranty.
Does the power train include the wheels? Where does the power train end? Where the rubber meets the road?

Could they require you to prove you changed your engine oil at the recommended intervals, before they would fix the wheel bearings etc.? Or could they only require that to fix the engine?

I have not, but it has been covered. The warranty is from Hyundai so the dealer should not be looking for excuses. He is going to get paid for doing the work.
Is the muffler part of the power train too? Or is the power too exhausted when it becomes exhaust, so it's considered an exhaust train?
The suspension and brakes absorb a lot of power. But does that make them parts of the power train?