12 Volt Power Outlet Relay Location 2005 Santa Fe

Does anyone know the location of the power outlet relay on the 2005 Santa Fe? It may be the same relay that turns on the cigarette lighter also. I don't know where it is either.

Thanks, Tony

Reply to
Tony Barr

There is no relay controlling the power outlet. The cigarette lighter and front outlet share the same 20A fuse, and the rear power outlet is on a

15A fuse. Both are located in the passenger compartment fuse box.
Reply to
hyundaitech

If it is similar to the Sonata, there is no relay, just fuses.

I wanted unswitched power for my cell phone in a cigarette lighter outlet but didn't want to modify the wiring.

I used two fuse taps, normally used to add a circuit. Spliced their pigtails. I removed an unused unswitched fuse and the power outlet fuse. Used the two fuse taps (with the original outlet fuse) to bridge the circuit.

I checked the wiring diagrams

I checked actually voltages

This is 100% reversible, just remove the bridge and insert the original fuses! No wiring is touched.

gerry

Reply to
gerry