$14,800 good price for 09 Elantra?

Hi,

I just test drove an 09 Elantra 4 door. I think it was the GLS. 4 cylinder. Standard options. Power windows, a/c.

Handles really well.

The salesmen said he wanted "upper 14's" for it.

That's before tax, tags, etc, and whatever "fees" they can think of.

Is $14,xxx a good price?

Will they try to tack on BS fees other than title, tags, tax?.

Thanks

Reply to
Noveau67

Need more info. The GLS starts at 14,100, but you can add automatic for about $1000 and option packages to add another $2650 so the actual sticker may be $17,500. So, if the sticker is on the high side, it may be a good deal, if the sticker is $14,100 then the upper 14's is not a good deal.

They will try to sell you all sorts of add on exterior and interior treatments, lo-jack, and other stuff that you must resist. There may be a conveyance fee for the tags too.

Check t he prices on the Hyundai web site There is also a $2000 rebate, plus the discount from the dealer. I'd think you should be able to buy $2500 to $3000 under the sticker depending on how bad they want to make the sale.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks,

The sticker was $17,xxx, I think. Iwas just there for a test drive to see how quiet it was, and handling. The salesman mentioned the $2,000 Hyundai rebate, but said nothing about a dealer discount, but must have included it, since his price was more than $2,000 lower than sticker.

Going to check the Hyundai website now.

GLS starts at 14,100, but you can add automatic for

Reply to
Noveau67

Check this dealers web page for comparison.

Partner