1992 hyundai fuel system

could someone please help me? where is the fuel pump located on my car? and is there a reset switch in the trunk that i could push to reset the fuel pump? the other day i was driving down the road and the car started to stall as though it was running out of gas. there was a half of tank of gas in it. when i tried to restart it , it would turn over but it acted as though it was not getting any gas. i could not smell gas either, after i pumpumped the pedal. or could it be something else? thank you for your help.

stressed out in ohio

Reply to
lilbrother9231

The fuel pump is in the fuel tank, and there is no reset switch.

What model Hyundai and engine do you have?

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

Yes, and the fuel filter would be a good (and inexpensive) place to start. Even if you replace it, and that turns out not to be the problem, you are out nothing, as the filter needs replacing from time to time.

But, sad to say, I'm afraid it sounds like it's sayonara (sp??) on that fuel pump.

If there is a way the fuel pump can be accessed (many sedans have a port that can be accessed through the rear seat or in the trunk), it's not too bad of a job. If the fuel tank needs to be dropped, it's gonna take some work and expense to replace.

Hope it all works out.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Have you checked the timing belt ??? Or checked the fuel pressure

Reply to
sqdancerLynn