1996 hyundai excel lx

Andrew Tweddle wrote:
I was wondering whether the electronic interface to the ECM was an OBD11(2) compatible one, or just an exclusive to hyundai.
I found on scantools.net that there is open source software to interface to most American delivered cars post 1996 (hyundai included) but the connector is in a different place and looks a little different and maybe this was an older style. Also troublecodes.net had some information. I might add Australian delivery and compliance, right hand drive! Any help appreciated!
Andrew
U.S. models are OBDII compliant, but I'm not sure about Australia.
I did a google search and quickly came up with this page (http://www.obdii.com/connector.html ) which shows a picture of the OBDII connector. If your connector looks like this, you have OBDII. If not, you don't.