1998 Coupe 2.0 misfire

I have a 1998 2.0 se coupe. It has develoed a bad misfire when cold although it starts and idles fine. Once warm it improves a bit, but if I stop & turn off roe a few minutes it seems to run ok afterwards. Any
ideas?

When was the last time it had a basic tune up?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

So... what do you mean by "a service"? It seems by your statement that the service was not in address of this problem. What you describe sounds like a problem that should first be addressed by a basic tune up.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

What kind of "service". An oil change? If it was truly serviced, they would have investigated the problem. Could be a lot of things. Spark plugs, wires, coils, ignition module. I'd start with new plugs and wires. It is easy to break a wire internally when changing plugs so eliminate that possibility. (plus, they seem to leak and ground out after five or six years).
You'll want to start by checking your secondary ignition components (plugs, wires, coil).