2.0T Turbo engine

Any experience with it?
I hate the idea of stepping down in power from my V-6 and the turbo is nice step up. Similar fuel mileage to the standard 4. 34 highway
versus 35.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Any experience with it?
I hate the idea of stepping down in power from my V-6 and the turbo is nice step up. Similar fuel mileage to the standard 4. 34 highway versus 35.
Unfortunately, you can't get the 6 speed manual with it. Considering that, I would think the standard engine would suffice.

The standard is slower than my V-6 so I was hesitant to go with a slower vehicle. Makes no difference going to the grocery store, but getting on the highway or passing, I want it to GO when I push the pedal.
I bought the turbo. Just got it tonight so I don't really know much about the performance, but it went rather smoothly up to 90 on one stretch of road. I won't push it until I get some easy miles on it.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

The standard is slower than my V-6 so I was hesitant to go with a slower vehicle. Makes no difference going to the grocery store, but getting on the highway or passing, I want it to GO when I push the pedal.
I bought the turbo. Just got it tonight so I don't really know much about the performance, but it went rather smoothly up to 90 on one stretch of road. I won't push it until I get some easy miles on it.
I have a 2005 Honda S2000 I have for fun and an 06 Accord I4 for commuting. So, I know where you are going with the turbo -- just be careful. I do think that the problems experienced with turbos in the past (usually lubrication on shutdown) have been solved, so you should have a reliable car. Keep us in the loop on your experience.

About 20 years ago I had a turbo diesel. While I had no problems with it, I was careful with shutdown. I never came off the highway and shut it down immediately. I live 2 miles from the highway and that gave it time to cool, if needed. Even at a rest stop, I have it a couple of minutes.