2000 3dr accent

I have weather stripping inside the 3d door but between the roof and the sides of the car there isn't any,should there be.We had snow and hail an rain yesterday and when I opened the back up there was ice on the
dupport struts and ice in the channels between the weather stripping and the outside of the car>
There are no happy endings JUST ENDINGS
There is no weatherstripping there. It is intended that water will drain through this area.
What do I do about having ice ON the supports that hold the hatch back up.There was a fair amount of ice on them.The channels were solid ice?Any suggestions.
There are no happy endings JUST ENDINGS

Drive south far enough and the problem will go away.
The problem isn't likely to be frequent. For you to get ice there, the conditions need to be just right for repeated melting and refreezing. The same principle applies to wiper linkages and other things. If you haven't had this sort of problem in the past (in your particular climate), it's most likely a one-time occurrence. About ten years ago, conditions were just right where I live for ice to form in the wiper linkage. I saw several cars with blown wiper fuses or linkages that came apart, including my mother's car. Haven't seen it since.
Thanks guys.
There are no happy endings JUST ENDINGS