2000 accent 3dr manual trans

I am getting a growling noise when I turn the wheel to the left or right but not always to the right..I also get an intermittent scratching noise when I first drive the car.The mechanic who I trust said it is the brake
rotors which are rusty causing the noise and the pads are fine? I believe if he thought it was bearings or CV joints it would be financially to his benefit to fix them but he says it's not.Anyone else have this noise from brakes?
RIPPER FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!
Your assessment is correct, Ripper. If it were one of the items you mentioned, he should be more than happy to point that out to you. I've seen this type of brake noise before. It's not very common, but it can occur when the rotors become rusted badly enough. If he says it's okay, chances are very good it is.
Thanks.
RIPPER FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!