2000 Accent car alarm?

On my 2000 Accent are 2 black boxes,one on the firewall and one on the passenger side fender wall.The one on the firewall has flashing red and green lights.I have NO info on this system.The original owner knows
nothing about it? Does anyone have any info.The name on the box is Pro Tek?
RIPPER FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

It sounds like an alarm system. A quick google search revealed that there is such a company that sells - or at least sold - auto alarm systems.
Brian,please send me the site.I googled for 2 hours last night and couldn't find anything,thanks.
RIPPER FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!
Found out the thing is one of those phony rust stoppers.Supposedly sends juice through the body of the car and causing an electrical field to prevent rust.What a crock! But the flashing lights look cool!
RIPPER FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Actually, this isn't a crock at all. I don't know how good the automotive systems work, but the theory certainly is sound and this technique has been used for many years to protect expensive steel structures.
http://www2.umist.ac.uk/corrosion/lecturenotes/JDS_Notes/whatscp.htm
Matt