2000 automatic elantra wont shift from drive to reverse

just bought a 2000 Haundi elantra drives fine but, won't go into reverse from drive

"daughter's mom" wrote in message
just bought a 2000 Haundi elantra drives fine but, won't go into reverse from drive
Hope you have a warranty. May be an expensive repair or a new transmission.
It could be just a linkage adjustment.
---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire (44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')
The whole problem description strikes me as odd. No mention of it not going into park.
What is the issue here? Does the shifter not move? Does the car not back up?
"hyundaitech" wrote in message
The whole problem description strikes me as odd. No mention of it not going into park.
What is the issue here? Does the shifter not move? Does the car not back up?
Just guesswork -- I am supposing she tested the car before she bought, but that may a bad assumption. Might be a cheap fix, but I am not an optimist on a car that old.