2000 Elantra

Okay, here's the deal. The O2 sensor in my Elantra went, so I got a big 'ol 'Check Engine Light' going.
I have to do my Emissions soon, but I *think* the instructions say that NO
dash warning lights can be on (like Oil, etc.)
I'm pretty sure that light will be a deal-breaker.
Is there anyway for me to pull a fuse for that type of light, or will everything go black and be evident??
Thanks.
Go to autozone and get the code read for free. If it is the o2 sensor that isn't any good, order a new one from oxygensensors.com. they have good service and great prices!

Thanks! I have an AutoZone on my block!

All worked out. I printed out the Dealer the price for the O2 sensor from oxygensensors.com ($109) and they gave it to me for $100...
I'm good to go! Finally, a dash WITHOUT red lights! :)
"" wrote:
> [...]
there are 2 sensors. the first controls the emissions and the second one just controls that the first one works properly. a original sensor costs about 150$, so u surely bought a pirate one :roll: some day in the future probably ull experience some problems... or probably not...

I got it from the Hyundai dealer that I bought the car from. I had the car there for the 'exhaust manifold' recall, and decided to have the other work done.
Would *they* use a pirate one??
"" wrote:
> [...]
no prob if u bought it at the official dealer. service parts are cheaper in the US...
If your 02 sensor is bad even if you get the light shut off you will fail the emissions test assuming they are measuring exhaust output from your tail pipe. A new 02 sensor is the only way to solve this problem. Not to mention it'll improve your gas mileage & the smoothness/performance of your engine.