2000 Hyundai Accent gas in oil

Not sure what is going on. I bought the car with a broke timming belt. Replaced the belt and had the head redone. I have only drove the car a couple of miles. And then started to hear valve noise so I checked the
oil level and noticed the smell of gas in the oil. I checked the compression and it seemed fine. I am going to have a friend help me check it again maybe this weekend. Is there anything else I should check? I was going to sell the car to a friends mom and don’t want her to have any problems.
Thanks, Tom
βœ–
Change the oil and drive a while. Depending on how much cranking was done when the timing belt broke, it's possible the cylinders were washed down with unburned fuel. After this happens, it can take the rings a while to be reseated. I'm presuming the oil was changed when the head work was done.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Yes the oil was changed. And I will try changing the oil. Thanks for the fast reply. I will try to put some miles on it this weekend.
"hyundaitech" wrote: > Change the oil and drive a while. Depending on how much > cranking was done > when the timing belt broke, it's possible the cylinders were > washed down > with unburned fuel. After this happens, it can take the rings > a while to > be reseated. I'm presuming the oil was changed when the head > work was > done.
βœ–
That seemed to do the trick. I ran the car thru emissions on Mon. and drove it about 50 miles with no problems. Thanx for the help.
"kevos" wrote: > Yes the oil was changed. And I will try changing the oil. > Thanks for the fast reply. I will try to put some miles on it > this weekend.
Add pictures here
βœ–