2000 Sonata

I have a strange smell emanating from under the hood. It's very overpowering. It smells almost electrical but not sure. Upon closer look it seems to be coming from around the alternator. After only a short time
running (1-2min.) the smell is very strong and the alternators housing is very hot to the touch. The batttery light came on yesterday but went out after about 5 min. What should I do?
I had a 2000 Sonata but never had this problem . Id take it in to your personal Car Mechanic, or, to a Hyundai Dealership.
Chances are it's your alternator, but it could also be a poor connection in the main wire to/from your alternator.