2000 sonata help

The balance timing belt broke at 110,000 miles. I had dealer change at

60,000 miles so I thought I'd try to save $400, so bought timing belt & balance belt from NAPA for $60, got manual from library. Installed both belts, started car and it ran fine, for about 10 minutes, then stalled. Restarted again, and again and after a short time stalled. My engine light does not come on, so don't know if I would run a computer check anything would come up, wondered if the crank sensor could be causing this or something else. Chuck
Reply to
cldcld

It's possible, but the crank sensor usually sets a code. Do you have any way to read the OBD II codes? Also, did your car run normally while it was running? Did you drive it during that time?

Reply to
hyundaitech

My friend has a code reader I could borrow, the car started and ran perfect, drove around 1 square mile, 4 total and I was almost home and it didn't actually kill, the rpms cut all the way down then went back up, did this a couple of times then stalled, I restarted drove home let it idle, then it stalled 3 times, each time ran fine for I would say about 5 minutes. Chuck

Reply to
cldcld

If it drove normally (full accel. power, etc.), other than the stalling, I'd check for codes first.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Bought an Autoxray 2000 code reader to check the codes, none came up, I replaced fuel filter, spark plugs & wires, started it, ran 15 minutes then stopped. It restarts right away then again just stops after running fine for about 10 minutes. Is it possible I may have timed it wrong. Chuck

Reply to
cldcld