2000 Sonata troubles Attn: Hyundaitech

Today I drive to work, a 75km commute on the highway, with the rpm indicator still not working.

8 or 9 hours later I get in the car and start it up to drive home. Rpm indicator is working again. It seems to work perfectly all the way home.

What the f...?

Reply to
Joey Goldstein

Just got it back from Tom. He says that everything is, and was, fine. He opened it up again today and looked at it and he did what Peter told him to do, but he didn't have to change anything. Peter had even faxed him some stuff showing some things about the Sonata timing belt that he (Tom) hadn't been aware of. That's why he (Tom) wanted me to come back again today. But Tom says that it was fine in the 1st place.

To recap... All that Tom has really done since his shop began looking into this (because of the "vibration" that Peter says he felt) was to lubricate one of the rollers (for 3 f...... hundred dollars). He (Tom) says that everything else checked out fine.

So either Peter's full of s... Or Tom's full of s... Or Peter's trying to screw me. Or Tom's trying to screw me. Or they're both trying to screw me.

I guess I'll take it back to Peter one more time and see if he still hears his "vibration". Don't know if I'm going to give him the $400.00 he wants, or more, to fix this phantom of his though.

And Tom says he has no idea what caused the rpm indicator to just stop working for half a day.

So, hyundaitech, do you still think that Peter (Peter is the "master" mechanic at the Hyundai dealership who felt the "vibration" at 3000rpm) really knows his stuff and that I've got something to worry about still?

Reply to
Joey Goldstein

Reply to
Joey Goldstein