2000 Sonata V6 Alternator

Hello,
Today, my battery died in my 2000 Sonata. AAA came down and replaced it and ran it on their little tester thingee...the new battery is getting 12.9V from the alternator under a load (a/c, high beams) at
idle. Sounds like it could need a new alternator but I could be mistaken. It is getting 13.7V at idle without a load.
I've called around for prices on an alternator and so far it doesn't look like something I could immediatly afford unless the shop down the street that rebuilds them can give me a better price. I know he could rebuild + install an alternator in my Jeep for less than most the national chains just wanted to sell me one for.
Anyways, if it turns out to be worthwhile for me to install it myself, any nifty tricks I should know about? I know on one of my older cars (my 300ZX, IIRC), I could just pop off one of the side wheels, take off the splash guard, and have the alternator staring me right in the face. Any similar tips for the Sonata?
Sure does look a lot harder than my old 4Tech Buick that just had two bolts holding it in right at the top of the engine.
TIA
JasonDJ
If you don't have ABS, unbolt it from below and pull it out the top. If you do have ABS, there's no fun way of doing it. You get to choose between removing the ABS unit or removing the axle and a mount bracket and jacking the engine.
Thanks hyundaitech,
Thankfully I don't have ABS, so it shouldn't be too difficult. Also, I got in touch with the local shop so it'll only be $85 for them to rebuild my alternator instead of the $210 that the chains want for a reman. He's done great work in the past for me so this seems like a pretty fair price.
Thanks again,
JasonDJ
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:03:05 -0500, "hyundaitech"

Check the specs and tolerances before spending the money. 13.7 is very close. Could even be the meter off a bit too.