2000 Sonata V6 Radiator Fan (checking operation)

I just recently changed the radiator fan on my GLS. I replaced the hoses, coolant and themostat at the same time. The fan has yet to come on even after the car warms up and even when I was refilling the
radiator after the repair. The temp gauge doesnt get hot. How do I check to make sure the fan works? When I turn on the A/C only the condensor fan comes on. I thought that I might have a bad coolant sensor or maybe its just not hot enough outside for it to come on. I live in Atlanta, GA.
If you turn the climate control off and let the car idle, one of two things will eventually happen. The fan will run or the car will overheat. The fan is necessary to control coolant temperature when the car is not moving.