2000 Sonata windsheild wipers

Started acting weird a while ago. Getting weirder.

Wipers travel very slowly. When shut off the pass side wiper stays about

1" higher than it is supposed to and sort of shudders as if the wiper motor is still on. Pressing the single wipe button briefly will lower the wipers that extra inch and stop the shuddering.

It used to behave like this only on very cold days in winter. But once the car warmed up it was fine. This spring the wipers would be in slow mode when just washing the windsheild but if a hard rain came down they would start working fine. I thought maybe something just dries out and needs to be wet a bit. Wishful naive thinking.

But it seems to be getting worse.

I guess I'm looking at a new motor for the wiper system, eh?

How much is that likely to coast me?

Reply to
Joey Goldstein

It's not uncommon for the bearings to get dry/corrode and tight after a few years. Take off the wiper arms and check under the dust covers. If it looks corroded, try working some oil into the bearings with the wiper motor running.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Reply to
Jody

If anybody cares... It came to just over $800.00 CDN. (linkage/motor/labor)

Reply to
Joey Goldstein