2000 Sonata windsheild wipers

Started acting weird a while ago. Getting weirder.
Wipers travel very slowly. When shut off the pass side wiper stays about 1" higher than it is supposed to and sort of shudders as if the wiper
motor is still on. Pressing the single wipe button briefly will lower the wipers that extra inch and stop the shuddering.
It used to behave like this only on very cold days in winter. But once the car warmed up it was fine. This spring the wipers would be in slow mode when just washing the windsheild but if a hard rain came down they would start working fine. I thought maybe something just dries out and needs to be wet a bit. Wishful naive thinking.
But it seems to be getting worse.
I guess I'm looking at a new motor for the wiper system, eh?
How much is that likely to coast me?
--
Joey Goldstein
http://www.joeygoldstein.com

Brian

are you sure its not just your attachment bolts on the arms? it could also be linkages too gone, but does sound like the motor... id do it my self if was my car.... check everything out, if its like our accent with the motor on fire wall , its a breeze to change the motor. but make sure its the motor first..... on most cars too the passenger sider wiper is set to rest a little bit higher than drivers side in the stop postition i think to enhance its sweeping reach to drivers side..

Joey Goldstein wrote:

If anybody cares... It came to just over $800.00 CDN. (linkage/motor/labor)
--
Joey Goldstein
http://www.joeygoldstein.com