2001 Accent catalytic converter where to buy???

Does Hyundaitech (the coolest tech on earth) know where to buy a catalytic converter for 2001 accent 1.5L EPA California approved model? this could be re manufactured or new
the dealer wants $827 for it. The only other ones I have been able to find are non EPA type, which I assume do not have O2 sensor port hole or wont pass smog inspection. Does anyone know where to get a better price?
sorry, i should have mentioned the part number is 28510-22660
I'm not familiar with converter sources outside the dealer, but if you have less than 70,000 miles on your car the converter should still be covered under the California emissions warranty.
If HT's suggestion doesnt work, try a junkyard for a low mileage car.....I wouldnt think that Hyundai changes the sizes of coverters to much so you may be able to match one up from a differant model.
']['unez

']['unez wrote:

Thank you both for your very kind advice, I will report back for archives...
Here's what I found: for 2001 model Hyundai accent 1.5L catalytic convertor (dealer) part no. 28510-22660 $827.00 convertor cylinder head gasket (dealer) part number 28521-22020 11.87 convertor exaust pipe side gasket (dealer) part number 28751-25000 10.23
same as above OEM catalytic convertor from "convertor geeks" part number 654-134 308.00 This is the EPA approved California model OBII type, not an aftermarket type
Available from:
Stop, Shop and Drive 990 Cedar Bridge Avenue-Suite 221 Brick, New Jersey 08723-4157 800-541-9352 775-307-8764 (fax) e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@isaparts.com talk to Cindy or Chris
But please note: on the heat shield of the catalytic convertor is an "attribute designator" which will be: AC AF DC H4 II18 B2C you must check to see which one your's is. (mine was AC) to insure you are ordering the correct fitting unit, you must specify!
Now with that part found, i will let you know how the repairs turn out. Thanks for reading and posting, hope this helps future parts hunters.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

here is the link to convertor geeks http://www.convertergeek.com/?OVRAW talytic%20converters&OVKEYtalytic%20converter&OVMTC=standard
hope that helps some Hyundai owners find parts
Now that you know what the # is on yours and you know the # is located on the converter you can still go to the yunkyard and check it out, you may save $200 $250 bucks.......
']['unez