2001 Accent-P1128 error code

Well, all the old posts seem to be mismatched. Anyhow, I'm about to wash my hands of this car, not my problem. Brief recap-

Car was neglected until the check engine light came on and it became almost undrivable in Dec 07.

I changed the plugs and wires, cleaned the MAF and changed the oil. Car drove OK, check engine light came on after several days with error about the converter.

Car was driven down to Fl and back without difficulty, and since then.

Owner is now finding he cannot get NYS inspection because CEL is on.

Error was "misfire" on cyl 1 and 4. I notice these are on the same coil.

Error is now stated "P1128" and something about Fuel Air metering and lean condition under partial load.

Error previously was something to do with the MAF along with the misfire.

Sorry about the vagueness, I'm getting this from the owner and it's rather garbled. My preference would be that he take it somewhere and stop bothering me. I promised I would ask and see if anybody could point me in the right direction ("That's a bad MAF, 99% sure!") as a last ditch effort.

I thank you all for your time and for any advice.

Reply to
Plague Boy

The number one cause for this code is the mass air flow sensor, but another common problem I've seen is a hole sucked into the PCV hose. That, too, can cause a lean code.

Combined with a P0301 (or any other misfire code), however, suggests that there could also be a low fuel pressure issue.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech