2001 hyundai accent

My daughter just bought this car and it is making a popping, grinding noise in the front end. I suspect a C.V. joint or a wheel bearing problem.Does anyone know how to better tell which one it could be? Your input would be appreciated.

Reply to
buckaroo

No vibration in the steering wheel and/or under the hood? How many miles on the car?

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

The first place to start would be to list the circumstances under which the noise occurs. Noises from different sources occur under different conditions. I will say that popping doesn't sound like a wheel bearing.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
Jody

Many thanks to all that replied. I kind of think myself that it may be a tire or an alignment problem. The car has 62,000 miles on it.So it is just out of warranty,for a second buyer.I am going to try rotating the tires and get it aligned.It is a great little car for a young student. Hopefully that will cure the problem. If anyone has any other suggestions about anything else that I need to watch out for on this car I would greatly appreciate any information that you can give me. Thanks again to all.

Reply to
buckaroo