2001 Santa Fe speed sensor location

Hi all,

I hope there's a knowledgeable Hyundai tech reading this group, or someone who had the same problem I'm facing now.

I've been having some problems with the transmission getting stuck in

3rd gear, and engine light coming on, and after checking the error codes ar AutoZone (for FREE for however is interested), I learned that I need to change the speed sensor, but I can't seem to find it, and I also haven't been able to find much info on the Internet either.

So, if anyone knows where the speed sensor on a 2001 Santa Fe is located, I would much appreciate an answer to this post.

Thanks, Jon.

Reply to
jonvonica(at)gmail(dot)com

You have an input speed sensor, an output speed sensor, and a vehicle speed sensor on your transmission. If you can tell me the trouble code(s) that AutoZone found, I can tell you which sensors they pertain to or advise you on how to check for the root of the problem.

Reply to
hyundaitech