2001 Sonata A/C

A/C is warm...from the gauges I think the line is blocked. Where is the expansion valve? I looked on hmaservice and tried a few searches...couldn't find anything. Any help is appreciated....

Thanks, Jared

Reply to
Jared

The expansion valve is in the evaporator case.

What are your gauge readings (both with A/C off and A/C on)?

Reply to
hyundaitech

(I wasn't the one taking a look at it, a friend was.)

But I do know that when he started there was no refrigerant in the a/c (there is a leak). Once charged, when he turned it on, the low side when to 0.

He hasn't worked on many hyundai's so he told me to go check to see where the expansion valve was. He said maybe it needed to be replaced (and was causing a blockage). Does that makes sense? Any other ideas?

Thanks, Jared

Reply to
Jared
60 high and low with it off

approx 110 on the high and 0 on the low with it off

Thanks in advance, any helps or ideas are appreciated, Jared

Reply to
Jared

Also, pulled the expansion valve off today...thought there might be a clogged screen.....but, there is no screen.

Reply to
Jared

You have insufficient refrigerant. Rest pressure should be about 90 - 100 PSI.

Reply to
hyundaitech