2001 Tib

I have a 2001 Tib The transmission works fine but now and then it seems to get stuck in 2nd and will not shift up. You have to drive the vehicle hard to get
it to shift into the higher gear. This happen intermittently and i have fund that when it happens, if I stop the vehicle, turn in off and then start it up again the vehivle will work fine again.
Any Help?
--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface. Articles
individually verified to usenet standards.