2001 XG300 Repair Cost covered by Warranty?

Hi,
I bought a 2001 XG300 and few days ago the car stopped running. The engine didn't start either. I towed it to the shop and they told me if I want to run the car, I need to replace water pump, battery, alt belt,
coil pack?, replace coolant, replace transmission fluid, radiator cap, gasket. Totaling $1500.00.
Does any cover by warranty? I had to fix it or I wouldn't have a car until I get all this fixed, told me by the dealer.
Please help me! Can you email me to snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com.
Thanks!
is it a hyundai dealer? soiunds like theyre trying to make some $$ of of u. the trans fluid/rad fluid woudnt stop it from running...

The warranty is 5 years/60k miles. If the car is still within that period, then the water pump, coil, radiator cap, and whatever gasket you're talking about should be covered.
As for needing all those repairs for the car to run, I doubt it. Ask the repair facility specifically why each item is needed, and the detriment for not doing it. The idea that eight things went bad all at the same exact moment to cause your car to not run is preposterous. If they tell you you need all these items in order to be able to drive away from their facility, have your car towed to an honest repair facility.
I can't believe a dealer would try to scam your money like this. Totally sounds out of line. You probably need a new battery and or alt belt. Everything else is NOT connected with your problem Well maybe a very slight change it is the coil pack. Tow the vehicle somewhere else.

Edward Hayes wrote:

I'm thinking we are not getting the full story. The car may have been abused by the previous owner and sold at a used car lot. The dealer is only telling him what needs to be done to bring the car up to proper maintenance level.
The bit about it needing all that just to run again is way out of line. I doubt a dealer actually said that.
- Mooron