2002 Accent

I have 2002 Accent hatchback with 4500.00 on it want to change automatic ttansmission fluid. I been told that if I do that my transmission fluid will start leaking, also want to change the filter for transmission. Has anyone had any trouble after they changed their fluid Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bill Gausman

It shouldn't leak if you use a quality replacement gasket. Remove the drain plugs from the transmission pan and differential and drain the fluid. Then reinstall the plugs with new washers. Next, unbolt and remove the pan and unbolt and remove the filter. Clean the old gasket from the pan and transmission. Install the filter, new gasket and pan. Add new transmission fluid through the dipstick tube. Expect about four quarts.

Reply to
hyundaitech