2002 Elantra break problem

I?m not sure what the deal is with my breaks. The other night it rained pretty badly and the next morning it sounded like there was water moving around in my breaks somehow. Now it sounds like my breaks are frozen and like I?m dragging something. I?m not dragging anything, so I didn?t know if my breaks a frozen? Should I take it in. My breaks seem to work fine though, it?s just a horrible noise.

Reply to
ebailey_82

You've probably got some rust on your rotors. Take your car out somewhere safe and make some really hard stops (almost locking the wheels) from about 40 MPH. MAKE SURE no one is behind you. About three of these stops and you'll have removed any surface rust. If the noise continues, you should take it and have it looked at.

Reply to
hyundaitech