2002 ELantra key fob

The only annoyance with this car since I've owned it is the lock button on the key fob. It is so sensitive that if you barely touch it, the doors lock. Anyone know if there is a replacement one available that is not so sensitive?

Reply to
Jr

There is a web site

that has replacements. Never dealt with them so I don't know if they are OEM or something else. You can also try a store that sells car alarms and remote starters.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

That sounds like a problem with your particular fob (I've had no trouble with either of mine). Try another one.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

I notice the same thing with both of my keyless entry remotes (Elantra

2003). The "unlock" button requires an appropriate amount of pressure to prevent the car from being unlocked unintentionally, but the "lock" button seems to push itself sometimes . I haven't tried to find replacements. I'd be interested to hear if you do.
Reply to
VicTek

The 2004-2006 Elantra remotes are a different disign and have three buttons: lock, unlock, panic. The lock button on these is recessed farther into the remote body, so I'd suspect there would be less unintentional locking. I know you can program these remotes to an older (2001-2003) Elantra, but I don't believe the panic button will work.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Part of the problem, at least on the key fob of my '02 Elantra, is that the lock button is the size of the Staples "EASY" button, while the unlock button is more like the size of an amoeba.

Do NOT know what they were thinking there, especially since there are other means inside the car to lock all doors (just a quick flip of either front door lock locks them all).

Add to that the fact that you don't dare unlock the doors with your key because even if you used the door lock to lock all doors, if you had inadvertently hit your remote button your alarm will go off.

Hope the newer ones are better designed.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt