2002 Elantra - keyless remote?

Hello,
I bought a used 2002 Elantra GLS for my wife. The seller never mentioned a keyless remote and we didn't think to ask.
It has powerlocks; should this car have keyless remote abilities
already? How can I tell?
If it does not already have it installed, are the after market options installable as DIY ?
What price range would aftermarket kit be?
Thanks for any comments and suggestions.
Cheers, Eric

My wifes GT has them but don't know about the GLS.
Someone will answer though........
Yes, it should have those abilities.
Sadly, your experience is WAY too typical. In my household, by the time I sell a car, I must have four keys, and I NEVER lose one of those fobs. Yet when I buy a used car, I am lucky to get one bent key copy (and nothing else). In addition, virtually every used car has had its owner's manual removed, even those I buy from a dealer.
Strange.
Tom Wenndt

I have a 2003 Elantra GLS with power locks and windows. I had the alarm/keyless entry option added at the time of purchase, but I believe you can add it on afterward. You can buy keyless entry kits from places like Circuit City and they will install it as well (extra charge of course). I don't know how difficult it is to DIY.
Not all '02 Elantras came with keyless entry. Open the hood and look for a siren on the firewall on the left side. If it's not there, you don't have factory keyless entry.
Is this siren held in place by one of the two bolts holding the clutch reservoir on top of the shock tower?
Thanks, Rob
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:52:37 -0400, "hyundaitech"

Easy way to check this is to lock/unlock using passenger door - if driver door lock doesn't follow that means that driver door motor is not installed. You can install after market alarm with remote control, it will just cost a little more for driver lock motor. Shouldn't be a problem for a reputable car-alarm shop.