2002 Elantra Rear Drums

Recently did a brake job which included front pads, rebuilt calipers and new rotors.
The rear received new shoes, springs and wheel cylinders. Did not turn the
rotors.
I have begun to hear a groan coming from the right rear drum brake when the brake pedal is applied and I am coming to a stop. Does not groan when slowing down the vehicle with the emergency brake, only when using the brake pedal. This sound was not heard until I put about 500-600 miles on the new brakes.
I have a nice high pedal, no sponginess and the vehicle stops great. There is not any pulling to one side or the other. The vehicle stops in a straight line.
Except for the groaning noise which can easily be heard from inside the car everything seems perfect.
Any ideas what could be causing the groaning noise?
Thanks
Could be the shoes not perfectly lining up with the worn spot on the drum or any of a host of other things. You'll need to pull the drum back off the wheel in question and see if there's anything amiss.
Did not get a chance to inspect what was going on but the groan has disappeared. I have not heard the noise for several days
Thanks