2002 Hyundai Accent automatic transmission problems.

Made May 2001, it's a 2002 on the regstration, if that matters.

130,000 KM. Always was bad shifting, but worked ok for years. Transmission started to shift a lot harder, checked the fluid, it was getting black, & smelled burnt. Got the trans flushed, & it was great for a few days, then got worse, then transmission failed. Got a good use done from the wreckers, but they couldn't get it dialed in. It was sent to the wreckers, they couldn't get it dialed in, then was sent to the dealer. They said electrical problems caused the trans to eventually fail. Something about Pulse Generators. Got it back, it's pretty good, but still downshift sometimes quite hard, harder than just before it got bad. Almost $ 900 later. How can we make them fix it right? How do you get it "programmed" to work right? I don't want to burn it up again. It's going back to the repair shop. I want to know what I'm talking about, to help them fix it. They had it two weeks. Is this "electrical problem" common? Is there a recall on them? How do I know what the year is? Some shops say, it's actually a 2001. Thanks, for you time. Dani.
Reply to
Dani

What is the 10th digit (from the left) of the VIN #? That will tell you what year it is.

Reply to
Partner