2002 hyundia sonata will not turn over

It's getting fuel spark but will not turn over, tested starter battery is new I hear the starter Bendix ingauges The flywheel but it will not turn over. Please help

On 12/9/2014 7:18 PM, Larry wrote:

Start by cleaning all the connections, both at the battery and the starter. Be sure you have a good ground too.
Larry wrote:

What does "turn over" mean?
On 12/9/2014 10:41 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

The engine cranking to start.Starter turns the flywheel that in turn will rotate the crankshaft.
If the battery is weak or otherwise not getting enough power to the starter it may engage but not turn.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

That was my assumption, too. However the op said that it is getting "fuel spark". I don't know what "fuel spark" is. Usually need the engine rotating to get spark plug spark. So, possible hydro-lock.
On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 00:04:02 -0600, Paul in Houston TX

I think possibly English is a second language and limited punctuation.
replying to Ed Pawlowski , Larry wrote:

My English is ok and punctuation is too. The problems not an English or grammar issue. The problem is that I have taken all the components off the engine as instructed to check the timing belt. I found that dirt dobbers had built a huge nest and when the car was started it appears the belt slipped from the crankshaft pully due to dirt clogging the gears. I turned the cams back to specs but the crankshaft will only move about a 1/3 rotation. My question is; does this indicate lower engine failure? Maybe a bent rod or something? Please look through the bad grammar and provide assistance. It's hard typing on this iPhone Thanks Larry
Larry wrote:

This is an interference engine. http://www.agcoauto.com/content/List_Of_Interference_Engines May not be a bent piston rod, more likely piston hitting a valve. Piston possibly damaged. Valve(s) damaged. Possible head damaged.
replying to Paul in Houston TX , Larry wrote:

Thanks Paul so does that mean go ahead and replace the short block? The crank only rotates a third rotation
Larry wrote:

I cannot answer that. You may want to investigate and determine what is wrong with the engine or just replace the entire engine without knowing what went wrong with the old one. A short block will not fix destroyed head and cams.