2002 Santa Fe abs/tcs lights stay on

Friday the Santa Fe goes in for servive to correct this problem (I hope). The service dept. says they are replacing a broken right front toner wheel. We have also been hearing a metal on metal squeal from what
we think has been the right front of the vehicle. Can a broken toner wheel cause this sound? The part they ordered was the right front CV shaft. We have been hearing this sound for the past 6 months and the warning lights first showed this behavior in August. Now that winter is here we can sure use the abs.
R. Larkin
A broken tone wheel could certainly be rubbing against something else as the vehicle moves, making such a noise, but if it was occurring prior to the lamps coming on, I doubt it's causing the noise you hear. Be sure to let the service facility know about the noise and under what circumstances it occurs.
Thank you. I've been very detailed in my description of when the noise occurs, but the service department has yet to hear it. We've even left the car with them overnight so they can drive it after it has set all night. They hear nothing. I guess it's just like when I mentioned the burning smell from the front of the car, but they didn't smell anything burning, just prior to my alternator burning up.
hyundaitech wrote:

when I had a problem with the clutch in my 04 Elantra GT.. the service writer went out with me for a short drive.. he said he felt nothing, it felt nornal.. couple months later. it still felt like it was releasing then grabbing then releasing again, so I insisted a mechanic take it out, he wasnt gone but 2 mins when he came back and said the clutch was shot.... turned out the throughout bearing was bent... I would INSIST that you go out with a mechanic so he can drive it... service writes often dont know what they are talking about and sluff ya off.. where the mechanic knows what to look for...
Pete...

Good advice. Thanks.