2002 Santa Fe - Back Glass Lift Supports

The back glass lift support cartridges in our '02 SF have lost their will to live. Does anyone know if that's covered by warranty? If not, I've found replacements online, but is that a EZ-to-moderate DIY project?

Thanks!

Reply to
Greg

Probably not covered by anything but a high end extended warranty.

Its easy to do, with two people and a small flat headed screwdriver.

Reply to
Paradox

Thanks for the reply. I figured this would be a normal wear and tear item as far as the warranty goes, but I was hopeful. I'll order a set and give it a go.

Cheers, Greg

Reply to
Greg

They're covered by the 5 year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. Depending on your mileage and the purchase date of the vehicle, it's possible the warranty is still in force.

Reply to
hyundaitech

SuperTech - thanks for the tip. I am still covered by that warranty so I'll go to my dealer first. I'm coming upon the 60K service anyway so hopefully they can just add that repair to the service.

Cheers, Greg

Reply to
Greg