2002 Santa Fe Battery Replacement

I am having problems finding a battery replacement, I wanted a EverStart 24F-3N (North) A CR Best Buy from Sam's or Walmart. This battery got the best buy rating for the 24F group. I went to Sam's and walmart but they have no listing for a Santa Fe. I would buy the above battery and install it myself but I don't know if it is an exact fit or if they sell a variant of it. Autozone list a battery for 69.00 but is not listed in CR for this group size. Any suggestions are appreciated P.S. I live in a northern cold climate (Ohio)

Reply to
Buckeyered

Measure your existing batter, take not of the terminal orientation and then go buy the highest CCA rated battery you can find that is close to those measurements.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

The OEM battery is listed as 24FH walmart has a everlast battery

24F-3N with the same cca as OEM, I am not sure what the H stands for on the OEM but I know the N on the everlast means it's for northern climates.
Reply to
Buckeyered

Well I found the difference in the group 24 batteries and why the one for the Santa Fe is 40.00 more, the terminals are reversed on the Santa Fe, that is the only difference. If I could stretch the cables enough I could save 40.00 but I don't think they will move that much.

Reply to
Buckeyered

Reply to
Buckeyered

It sure seems like it'd be easier to put in the correct battery. It's not a very odd size, really. Check application for a 1999-2005 Sonata. Same battery.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
Buckeyered

Uhm...

I had no problem swapping the midrange ($34?) 750 CCA battery I had in my Explorer into the Santa Fe.

Unless you live somewhere that its amazingly cold *and* you insist on running 10w40 dino oil (buy a cheaper battery and some 5w30 synthetic!) in the winter you should be fine.

The battery bracket adjusts to fit the width of the battery you install. As long as the terminals will reach and its a 12 volt battery all will be fine.

Buying an expensive battery is generally a ripoff IMHO. All you get is a warranty that pays you a miniscule (generally 20% or less) after 3 years and the battery's life is ultimately dictated by the output quality of the charging system and the battery maintenance (water level checking).

JS

Reply to
JS

If the cables fit, no reason the alternate will not work. I've done it in the past and it can be a PITA is the cables are too short. Even a tiny bit too short.

Before you play around with that, check another source for a battery. I've never seen that big a difference in a given group size when only the terminal position was different.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski