2002 Santa Fe fault code

I have a 2002 Santa Fe, with a 2.7 V6. I just noticed a check engine light (it's the wife's car), and when I checked the code, it is a 0449. I checked
my shop manual, and part of the troubleshooting is to check the CCV. I cannot find the definition for the CCV. I also found the fuel cap not quite on tight enough. Will this cause the fault code?
Thank you!
--
Tim Farrow
My Deliverer Is Coming!

Maybe, but it's more likely to be the Charcoal Canister Valve.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Tim wrote:

cause the code, since it will look to the computer like the CCV was fully open. Wait for 4-6 days, if the light turn OFF, that will be the problem.
The fuel cap is not a possible cause for P0449 because it's due to an unexpected vacuum on the system.
hyundaitech wrote:

.... I guess I should had check on HMA first.
Moral, do not believe everything a cheap reader tell you !!!!!