2002 Santa Fe fault code

I have a 2002 Santa Fe, with a 2.7 V6. I just noticed a check engine light (it's the wife's car), and when I checked the code, it is a 0449. I checked my shop manual, and part of the troubleshooting is to check the CCV. I cannot find the definition for the CCV. I also found the fuel cap not quite on tight enough. Will this cause the fault code?

Thank you!

Reply to
Tim

Maybe, but it's more likely to be the Charcoal Canister Valve.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

CCV stand for " Canister Close Valve ", most likely the fuel cap problem cause the code, since it will look to the computer like the CCV was fully open. Wait for 4-6 days, if the light turn OFF, that will be the problem.

Reply to
Vic Garcia

It's the canister close valve, also known generically as the vent valve. You'll find it with the charcoal canister.

Although the definition of P0449 indicates a purely electrical condition, Hyundai uses this code to mean the same thing as P0446, indicating an unexpected vacuum on the evaporative emissions system. This could be anything from a faulty fuel tank pressure sensor indicating vacuum to a sticking close valve or other restriction preventing proper air intake to the system.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

The fuel cap is not a possible cause for P0449 because it's due to an unexpected vacuum on the system.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Well, my code reader, Actron, define it as: 'unexpected LOSS of vacuum' .... I guess I should had check on HMA first.

Moral, do not believe everything a cheap reader tell you !!!!!

Reply to
Vic Garcia