2002 Santa Fe rear bumper lights

Stupid question, what are the two lights in the rear bumper? I have never seen them light up, I had the wife mash the brake, put it in reverse, turned on all the lights, turned on the emergence flashers
but they don't light up, what are they suppose to be for?
I think in some markets they use them as fog lights. In the U.S., they might serve as reflectors, but are otherwise nonfunctional.
Thanks
On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:10:57 -0500, "hyundaitech"

Some of us in the Santa Fe forum have done our own installs. Taken some pulbs and sockets from a junk yard, popped out the plug in the lense, and wired in tail lights/stop lights.
Browse around http://p211.ezboard.com/bhyundaisantafemessageboard