2002 Sonata

I am looking to buy a 2002 Sonata. Are they cars reliable. Anything specific to look for when buying a used 2002 sonata. What are the troubles spots. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Reply to
Markov

I've had my '02 GLS for 5+ years with zero problems. If you keep on the regular schedule of maintenance it'll last a long time. If it's got more than 65000, make sure the timing belt has been changed and there is PROOF of it. Other than that, I'd suggest getting the maintenance records on it from the owner to make sure regular maintenance has been done: trans flush, etc.

- Thee Chicago Wolf

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf

In my opinion, the V6 much more durable that the four. By 2002, most of the nagging design problems (other than those inherent in the 2.4L four cylinder engine) had already been worked out. The only thing I can remember that's been a recurring problem is the power window regulators. But that's only a small issue, and the new regulators are redesigned, so they shouldn't fail prematurely.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I have a 2002 4cyl Sonata 162kmiles. Had it since 34 miles new.

I've replaced all door window regulators, apart from the drivers side rear window regulator.

Make sure you have proof Timing belt has been changed.

I get 28 to 32 MPG, all highway driving 110 miles per work day.

Hoping to get lots more miles:)

BWS

Reply to
Bryan